Located on the stunning Northern California Coast and bordering the Southern Oregon Coast, The Tolowa Dee-Ni’ Nation has created an expertly designed and upscale hotel. Careful attention has been paid to maintaining the harmony and beauty of the area, and in tribute to the rich heritage of the Tolowa Tribe.
The Howonquet Lodge is the ideal base for exploring the natural wonders nearby while enjoying all the excitement of our onsite activities in the Lucky 7 Casino and House of Howonquet Restaurant and our Club 7 Sports Bar.
During your stay, let our indoor hot tub sooth your muscles after a day of exploring the nearby towns of Brookings, OR and Crescent City CA or enjoy a swim in our indoor heated pool. Our pool and hot tub are UV purified which is gentle on your skin. Geo-thermal heating is used to keep the water at an ideal temperature for relaxing and having fun.
Experience an unimaginable combination of beautiful décor and impeccable service within the hotel at Lucky 7 Casino. Each room contains an abundance of space, with a minimum of 400 square feet to over 900 square feet all with spacious bathrooms featuring granite counter tops and tiled floors.
Amazing room! Probably one of the best we’ve stayed in. Very clean and comfortable.
KRYSTAL VIA GOOGLE
Select from 71 rooms and suites featuring:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Flat screen TVs with cable channels
- Secure in-room safe
- Alarm Clock
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Lighted 2 sided make-up mirror
- Iron and ironing board
- Check-in time starts at 3pm.
- During busy times, a 3pm check-in cannot be guaranteed.
- If you arrive early, we can secure your luggage while you explore.
- Early check-ins may be accommodated based on availability, please call ahead.
- Check-out time is 11am
Hotel Features and Amenities:
- Well-appointed lobby with beautiful stone fireplace and tranquil granite water wall feature
- Friendly, 24 hour front desk staff
- 100% smoke free hotel environment
- Indoor heated swimming pool and hot tub – Open From 7AM to 10PM
- Fitness Center – Open from 7AM to 10PM
- Room Service available from 4PM to 9PM *Room service not available at this time. Guests may order from the restaurant.
- Gift shop with many unique and fun items, also handmade Native gifts
- Wake up calls
- Roll-Away Beds and Pack & Play (based on availability at check-in)
- Free parking
- RV parking
- Registered ADA Service Animals are welcome
- Banquet facilities and meeting rooms for small or large groups
- 24 hour Casino
- House of Howonquet Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Lucky 7 Fuel Mart, convenience & liquor store
- Please call for corporate rates
HOTEL POLICIES & FAQ
$200 How can I make a reservation?
- Click Here or call 855-487-3777 – Our friendly front desk staff is available 24 hours a day
- Reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card at time of reservation.
Who can I contact for questions about a reservation?
- Please call 855-487-3777 – 24 hours a day
What credit card may I use?
The Howonquet Lodge is happy to honor the following credit cards:
- Master Card, Visa, American Express and Discover
- A valid credit card and matching ID must be presented upon check in. An amount equal to room and tax plus $25 incidentals per day for the entire stay will be authorized upon check-in. Please contact the hotel directly to inquire about details.
What time is check-in and check-out?
- Check-in: after 3:00pm. During busy times a 3pm check-in cannot be guaranteed. If you arrive early, we can secure your luggage while you explore. Early check-ins may be accommodated based upon availability, please call ahead. Check-out: before 11.00am
- A later check-out time might be granted by the Front Desk on your departure day. It is based upon availability and a nominal fee might apply.
- Minimum age for check-in: 18 years
Is The Howonquet Lodge a smoke free hotel?
- The Howonquet Lodge prohibits smoking in all indoor and balcony spaces.
- Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas outside and within the Lucky 7 Casino.
- We charge a minimum $250 deep-cleaning fee for smoking in prohibited areas.
Does The Howonquet Lodge accept special bedding requests?
- Rollaway beds are available, but not guaranteed. Please let us know as soon possible.
- Pack and Plays are available for use in your room, but not guaranteed. Please let us know as soon possible.
Does the hotel have ADA rooms?
- ADA compliant guest rooms are available and should be reserved in advance. For more information, please contact the hotel directly.
Does the hotel have connecting rooms?
- Connecting rooms are available on a request basis only. Connecting rooms cannot be guaranteed in advance. Please contact the hotel for connecting room requests.
The following connecting combinations are available:
- Double Queen Beds to King Bed
- King Bed Junior ADA Suite to King Bed
- Double Queen Beds ADA to Double Queen Beds
What is the cancellation policy?
- Reservations can be cancelled up until 1 Day prior to arrival. The first night’s room and tax deposit will be retained in the event of late cancellation and no show.
What is the Early Departure Policy?
- All departures prior to date agreed at time of check-in will be subject to a one night’s room and tax early departure charge.
What is the child policy at the hotel?
- Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent/guardian’s room, using existing bedding.
- At House of Howonquet Restaurant, a special kids menu is also available for children 12 years old and under.
What is the hotel fee?
- The Howonquet Lodge does not charge an additional hotel fee.
What is the cost of parking?
- Parking is free
- RV parking is free
What is your pet policy?
- We have a few designated rooms that are dog friendly only. We allow up to 2 dogs. Pet fee is $25 per night per pet with a $200 room deposit that is refundable.
What is the Lost and Found Policy?
- Howonquet Lodge is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen personal items.
- All rooms are equipped with in-room safes.
- Should any guests lose personal belongings whilst staying at Howonquet Lodge, if recovered, the item will be placed in our Lost & Found. We will ship items back at the owner’s expense.
- Any items in the Lost & Found, which are not claimed within 30 days, will be donated to a local charity or discarded.
There are many adventures to be had in friendly nearby Brookings OR and surrounding areas. Go for a hike or collect beach treasures in any one of the many beaches and parks along the coast. Join the locals while Whale Watching, enjoying the sun set over the Pacific Ocean, or jump in with the many surfers that make our area their surfing destination.
The Howonquet Lodge at Lucky 7 Casino in Smith River, CA is where the Smith River, considered one of the cleanest rivers in the world, meets the Pacific Ocean.
The Winchuck River is short coastal stream that runs through the Rogue River Siskiyou National Forest to the Pacific Ocean. The main stem and tributaries support Chinook, Coho Salmon, Steelhead, and Cutthroat Trout.
The Chetco River flows through the rugged coastal region to the Pacific Ocean. The River is located within the Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest and Kalmiopsis Wilderness. Supporting a large population of Salmon and Trout, the Chetco water is of high quality. The tallest trees on earth grow in the southern region of the Chetco’s drainage basin. The river is home to over 200 Species of animals.
Sporthaven Beach is situated in Brookings between the ocean and the harbor. There are several fishing charters available nearby. The surfing is good here. It is a great spot for Whale Watching as whale sightings are common in season.
(Alfred A.) Loeb State Park is just 8 miles NE of Brookings on North Bank Chetco River rd. The Park is adjacent to the Chetco River and offers easy access and drift boat launching via a gravel bar. There is free day use parking and a picnic area. The park boasts old-growth Myrtle wood forest. Less than a mile farther up the road is the USFS’s “Redwood Nature Trail”, which connects with Loeb’s own “Riverview” trail.
Samuel H. Boardman State Park Enjoy the 12 mile forested corridor with a rugged and steep coastline and sandy beaches makes it a hikers favorite. Along the coastal trail admire the 300 year old sitka spruce trees, arch rock, natural bridges, and walk the 27 miles of the Oregon Coast Trail through giant forests.
Harris Beach State Park Join the locals and enjoy the breathtaking sunsets over the Pacific Ocean. This is a popular destination for photographers and hikers and beach combers.
Botanical Gardens is located on Hwy 101 just NW of the Chetco River overpass at Constitution Way. Maintained by volunteers and the Brookings/Harbor Garden Club. The Botanical Garden is open and available all year around.
Open from 7am – 10pm, our Gift Shop is located in the lobby of the Howonquet Lodge, featuring a variety of unique items from nautical themed goodies to local Native handmade jewelry to capture your interest!
Book Your Stay